Friday, February 12, 2010

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow...














We have had the most glorious of Texas days...all white!!! The snow started in the wee hours yesterday morning and did not stop until we had 13.8 inches on the ground in our yard! I woke up early to the sounds of giddy little boys exclaiming their joy and anticipation about this miraculous event! They couldn't wait to get outside and neither could I. We quickly bundled up and headed out for 30 minutes of bliss before coming inside to get ready for school. Brady loved, loved, loved the snow and cried, "Snow outside go! Snow outside go!" when I brought him in. We ventured out in the afternoon again and had so much fun competing with our neighbors for biggest and best dressed snowman! (I don't think we ever decided, but I must say that the red Tootsie Pop suckers for our guy's smile was mighty creative!!!)

Today Michael was snowed in and we spent another fun filled day outdoors. Caleb lasted all of about 20 minutes before he announced he was ready for warmer weather and for the snow to go away. He prompty went inside. The rest of us had a ball outside and Daddy helped us build another snowman since ours toppled during the night.

I have to tell you, I married a wonderful man. Right after I came inside to get the boys lunches ready, I heard Michael shouting, "Are you okay??!!!??" I opened the door and down the street was a neighbor in his early 70's laying on the sidewalk (Well, what should be a sidewalk...it was under there somewhere!) I shouted to our neighbor across the street whose house faces another direction. He came around the corner and saw our elderly neighbor, too. Michael and our neighbor ran to this man who could not get up and assisted him to his feet. Luckily, the snow helped cushion his fall and Michael and Brian held him up and got him inside safely. The next thing I know, I see my sweet husband and Brian shoveling our elderly neighbors driveway, walking path, and sidewalk. They were out there for quite some time.

During lunch the boys asked me why Daddy wasn't inside yet. What a great teaching moment! I told them how blessed I am to be married to a man who loves and serves others. I talked about how their Daddy is a man who has a kind heart and does things for other people because it's the right thing to do and it makes Jesus' heart happy. I pray that these are the images that cement in their little minds and hearts as they grow.

Anyway, have fun looking at our snow! It may be another few decades til we experience this again!!!

No comments: