Sunday, April 5, 2009

BEAUTIFUL BOY!!!

Natalie has prayed for years for a baby sibling...it was so much fun to make her this shirt! She'll be a great big sis!
Already singing lullabies to Baby Cole!
Proud Papa! Cole Douglas was 19 inches long and 8 pounds 4 oz. SOOOO SWEET!
Thank you, Jesus! Can I take him home with me???

I am very thankful this week for the gracious hand of God at work in the lives of my dear friends. You know, there are some people in your life that you feel such compassion for, such empathy that you physically hurt when they hurt and physically feel elation when they do, too. It is a gift to have even one friend like this, where you feel like you are a part of them. I am blessed to have two.

My two closest friends have had a rough few years. Both have lost multiple children before they had the chance to hold them in their arms. After years of prayers for these two beautiful friends, I am overwhelmed by God's gracious gifts to them. Sally is pregnant and will find out if she will be painting the nursery pink or blue in a few short weeks. And my other dear friend, Blythe, delivered a beautiful, healthy baby boy on Thursday. Welcome to the world, precious Cole Douglas! We have longed for your arrival and rejoice with your Mommy and Daddy and sister over your life!

No comments: