I must admit it is a tad bit embarrassing that up until a few weeks ago both of my 4 1/2 year olds would NOT put their faces in the water. As a former swim athlete, I can teach them the mechanics of the different swim strokes, but teach a child how not to be scared of the water??? I was clueless. It was time for swim lessons.
The first few minutes of swim lessons with "Mr. Scott" were a bit shaky. Mason sat on the side of the pool and cried, but within five minutes Scott had him in the water. A split second later, he was holding his breath under the water. How many years have I tried to get him to do that for me??? Needless to say, we are very excited about his success and he is so proud of himself. He was excited to show off a few of his new skills to Mimi and PopPop today... check them out below!
(By the way...twin #2 is a work in progress. After one full lesson in tears, we decided that we may wait a few more months and try again!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment