Thursday, August 14, 2008

USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!


I love the Olympics! I live by the television for a few weeks cheering on these top competitors. Michael and I were talking about why we like watching the Olympics so much. His response was that he loves the actual competition and to root for our country. Mine was that I love the stories that they share about the athletes and where they come from and what they've been through to get them to this amazing position. I love the fact that no matter the country, color, economics...whatever...we all share in dreams and goals. We all have heartache and we all have triumphs. Michael thought my answer was a little sappy!
He had sweet redemption when I was watching the Phelps/Lezak 4X100 relay this past week. I was screaming at the television. By the end I was on my feet screaming, "Yes!!! Yes!!! Yes!!! That was awesome!!! That was incredible!!! YES!!! We did it!!! We did it!!! I've never seen anything like that! YES!!!" After I stopped acting like a maniac full of pride and excitement over their win, he looked at me and said, "Yeah, you are not into the competition at all. You only like the stories." :)


Brady has been rooting for USA, too! Mimi and Pop Pop wonder if they'll be watching him from the stands one day!

No comments: