Thursday, January 8, 2009

Growing Power!

Mason is loving our "winter" season!
Lunch!
After a trip to our farmer's market...all ready for juicing!

I took the twins for their five year check-up today and they did great! Trips to the doctor are so much easier these days. Anyway, they are healthy and growing like weeds. I still get the jaw-dropping expressions from strangers who find out that they are twins rather than a year or so apart, but they are both staying on their own individual growth curves. Here are the stats:
Caleb: 46 3/4 inches (off the charts) and 42 pounds (60th %ile)
Mason: 42 1/2 inches (45th %ile) and 34 pounds (5th %ile)

I bought a juicer with my birthday money and LOVE it, LOVE it, LOVE it. I even made juice with the boys last night and told them that the vitamins in their homemade juice has "growing power!" They loved the thought that it would make them grow and they liked the juice, too! I've never given them juice from the store because of all of the sugars/sweeteners, so this was a real treat. They couldn't even taste the carrots Mommy snuck in!

I drank my lunch yesterday...an apple, 1/2 small peach, 2 strawberries, 6 baby carrots and 1/2 of a yellow squash. It filled one glass and I was stuffed!!! I highly advise investing in one of these little machines...super fun and super growing power, too!

No comments: