Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Which is worse???

The eyes got worse as the day progressed...can hardly open them...poor baby!
Mason with pink eye!
Mason eating pecan crusted tilapia (his new favorite) with his new hair cut!

I keep asking myself which is worse...the haircut or the double pink eye??? Poor little Mason. He's quite a sight at the moment. Two days ago Michael came home from the local hardware store and immediately asked, "What is wrong with Mason's hair?" I looked over and saw four bald spots on the top of his head. I started to panic...when did that happen? How long has it been falling out? Does he have some sort of disease?

Michael came out of our bathroom and announced that there were clumps of hair in the bathroom all over the floor...and on the counter were my scissors. Looks like someone was getting a little creative in the bathroom while Mommy was cleaning the kitchen! So, he looks ridiculous and kinda cute like that... I offered to cut it shorter so that it wouldn't be as noticeable, but he is rather fond of his handiwork and opted to keep it that way.

Today, he woke up with a massive case of pink eye. Both eyes are oozing and he can hardly open one eye at all. (Of course, it's not just Mason, though. All three boys have it). So, while waiting for the doctor to come into the examination room I looked at Mason and just had to laugh. Between his hair and his eyes...he looks a mess!!! I think this is one mental picture I will treasure in my heart for a very long time!

2 comments:

Jody said...

Oh, my goodness....poor baby. I can't believe he cut his own hair. Well, yes, I can. Cam did a similar thing at five when he gave all of his stuffed animals a trim. I found a pile of fur and my scissors on his bunk bed...Hope the boys all feel better soon.

Kimmy said...

oh dear! what an adorable story... poor Mason... that's too funny. I hope the boys are better now and that you did not get the pink eye... ~ kim