Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Weekend of CELEBRATION!!!











Friday we celebrated a very, very special day. It was Brady's first birthday and it brought back so many wonderful and precious memories. It was hours after his birth that we even found out about his existence. We were chosen by his birthparents after his delivery and that evening we received the phone call that would change our hearts and lives forever. God had given us another beautiful son through the lives and love of a very special young couple. We know that our joy brings mixed emotions for Brady's birthparents that we have come to love so dearly. Their sacrificial love for Brady made our love for Brady possible. And I pray that one day he will grasp how deep the Father's love is for him.

On Saturday we had his party and it was a special day for us to celebrate with friends and family that prayed for this child long before they knew him by name. It was truly a blessing to share this day with those that walked beside us as we began the journey of adoption. We had a great time!

Sunday was equally as precious. We dedicated Brady to the Lord during our church service...on the one year anniversary of the day we signed papers and brought Brady home from the hospital. All I can say about that experience is that Brady and I, were completely inappropriate during the dedication. My precious son decided that since he had an audience, it was time to give the performance of a lifetime! I could see him draw his hand waaaaaaay back and I knew what was coming. He was whacking Mommy on the face and laughing during the dedication....time and time again. Why was I inappropriate you may ask? Because I was giggling every time I saw him pull his hand back. I knew it was coming and I couldn't stop it fast enough or without causing a bigger scene. Here we were talking about "training our children in the way they should go" and my baby decided to test out that training in front of everyone! I could hear the members of the congregation chuckling along with me. I have to laugh! It truly was sadly hilarious!

1 comment:

Deb said...

What a great weekend. I'm working on all of the details for Isabel's party next month. Exciting days.
The dedication sounds very funny. I'm surprised Isabel didn't do that when she was dedicated. She loves to bang on my chest.