Two sick boys in isolation!
Poor baby's eczema got infected! They are MUCH better now!If you read my title, you know where this is going. We are exhausted! It has been literally one thing after the other since Jan. 1st. We started this year off with a bang! Lets see...January 1st, Caleb got croup. Afterwards, all three boys got pink eye. Then, came Brady's RSV. Next, Caleb's second round of pink eye. Then Brady's RSV relapse and double ear infection. After that, Brady's eczema that got infected. Next, came Mommy's ear infection. Then Mason's bronchitis. Then Mason's stomach virus and/or flu. Then Caleb's respiratory infection and/or flu. Now Mommy's tummy doesn't feel good and I've been nauseated for the past day or so. It doesn't seem to end. I'd have to get out my calendar to count how many times I have brought some member of our family to the doctor. We've been to pediatric urgent care three or four times! My prayers have been, "Give me strength," and I keep reminding myself that "this too shall pass!"
In the meantime, the laundry piles never seem to shrink and the carpet doesn't get vaccuumed as frequently as I'd like. The boys haven't been to school in a week and when they finally return I keep wondering if I'll feel relief that we are all well or grief that I have a house that has sorely been neglected!
Though tiring when the kids are ill, I am blessed beyond measure to have three "healthy" children. After years of infertility and the loss of more than one baby, I shop the medicine aisle at the local store with joy and greet the pharmacist with a heart of gratitude. I have the blessing of caring for the boys that the Lord has so richly given to me. How can I complain?




1 comment:
oh man... it's so hard when they are sick! And I only have two and they BOTH can tell me what is wrong... unlike your little guy... he probably can't exactly explain everything to you yet... I'll pray for you. Spring is around the corner... hopefully good health will be, too. ~ kim
Post a Comment