




We had a wonderful, busy weekend with the boys celebrating their 5th birthday. I told Michael, "This weekend is all about them" to which he responded, "Everyday is all about them!"
We actually had their birthday party with their friends in November. I love having their party early because 1)it's gives them time to recover before Christmas 2)December is just too filled with other activities and party goers are exhausted from running from activity to activity. So, we celebrated early at an indoor playland and after we sent out invitations, the party began to take on a life of it's own. We ended up with 56 guests...crazy, I know. We had ten RSVP that didn't show! We invited the students in each of the boys preschool classes and a few additional friends from church. I was counting on only 1/2 showing up...well, almost everyone showed...including their siblings! We ran out the night before for 30 more cupcakes in addition to our 1/2 sheet cake. Crazy fun! The facility is large and it accommodated everyone just perfectly.
On their "real" birthday we went to a party in the morning for another friend and then spent the afternoon at the Gaylord Resort. It is beautifully decorated, including reindeer, Santa, and tons of trains! The boys LOVE going there each year and it was a great way to celebrate their special day. We even got a Christmas photo out of it! :) I can't post the photo because it will ruin the fun of opening our Christmas card...which I have yet to get out! I better get crackin'!!!! In the video I posted, the boys are shirtless. Yes, we normally clothe ourselves around here...Mommy just wanted to keep their sweaters free of frosting!




No comments:
Post a Comment