



![]() |
| Make a Smilebox greeting |
The boys are turning FIVE tomorrow. I can't believe it!!! I really can't believe it!!!
I have a friend whose wife is currently in the hospital at 24 weeks. Her water has broken and things have been a roller coaster to say the least. When I read the updates, I actually can't help but cry. I hear the underlying fear. I remember it well. I remember laying in my bed from 16 weeks on praying that my boys would make it just one more day, then one more week. I remember pleading that God would allow them to make it to "viability." From there, every second in the womb counted to develop those tiny, precious organs. God was gracious beyond measure.
And now, we are about to celebrate their 5th birthday!!! I bought all the stuff to make cupcakes the other day at the store, only to find out that the boys' school doesn't particularly "like" cupcakes. (I was a teacher...I understand the mess they make). :) So, I asked the boys if they wanted me to buy their favorite cookies from Sam's Club. Nope...they wanted homemade cut-out cookies, actually decorated well enough that they LOOK like the shape that they are. Well, we spent ALL morning making the cookies and all evening decorating them. It was a messy experience, but so rewarding to see the look of excitement on their little faces. Mason could not wait to get to his classroom today. He nearly danced the entire way and I prayed his friends would appreciate them as much as he did. He SO wanted them to think they were special. I actually was still there when his class sang happy birthday to him and he got to pass out the cookies and drinks to his friends. He was giddy and I was, too! Caleb's class does snack later in the day...I wish I could have been there! :(
Oh, the joys of boys and being a mother. I love it!





No comments:
Post a Comment