Monday, September 8, 2008

Cute Snippets...


I've had a few people ask how my sweet little Mason is doing post-surgery. Well, after two bloody "incidents" I am very pleased to say that he is doing great!!! We went to the doctor last week for a post-op visit and the nurse couldn't even see where the stitches had been. She told me that usually patients schedule another follow up around 3 months after the surgery, but she told me not to schedule one. She said, "I think it is going to look so great and need no further touch-ups, why schedule an appointment and waste your time? You can certainly call if you have a problem, but I think you'll never even know he ever had a problem. Usually they don't even look this good so quickly. I can't even tell where it was." That was music to my ears! It will continue to decrease in size and won't go down to what it will permanently look like for 3 - 6 months. It looks much better already. Thank you for your prayers.


Here are a few of the latest conversasions that bring tears to my eyes and a smile to my heart.


Conversation #1

We were home after our doctor's appointment laying on my bed talking

Mason: Mommy, I'm very happy my bump is all gone.

Mommy: Me, too. I'm so proud of how brave you were. Do you want to look in a mirror?

Mason: Yes!!!!

(I bring him a hand held mirror and he closely examines his upper lip).

Mason: Mommy, my lips are beautiful.


Conversation #2

We were laying in bed and had just read a book. Mason looks over at me and says

Mason: Mommy, is God little?

Mommy: Why do you ask, honey?

Mason: Well, if he's in my heart he must be small, right?


Conversation #3

We were picking up Brady from Sunday school and Mason says to the lady holding Brady

Mason: Do you know why our baby brother is so special?

Lady: No. Why?

Mason: Because he's adopted and God gave him just to us so we could be his brother.

(I nearly cried!)




1 comment:

Dave and Jenni said...

Kelly, I LOVE the conversations. I'm definitely looking forward to things like this with Zoey. Keep 'em coming.