Saturday, September 13, 2008

Extraordinary 6 Months!!!


Love at first sight!



Six months ago today was what I thought, an ordinary day. We had a very long night the night before...think four year old and tile floor and minor concussion. I had gotten up and gone to teach preschool and the room spun from my less than three hours of sleep. We had classroom parties that day. Sugar, lack of routine, and a classroom of five year olds was enough to do me in. I was anxious to put the day to rest and say goodnight to the ordinary. It was all I could think about.



Little did I know, that while I trudged my way through the day, the extraordinary was happening in a small Texas town. Unlike myself, there was a young lady who was only thinking about others. She was thinking about her son, my son, and she was thinking about us. Her room was spinning, too, but it was while she lay in a delivery room making the ultimate sacrifice of love. She is much more selfless than I.



Around 8 pm on March 13th, we received the phone call that forever changed our lives. We learned that we had been chosen by Brady's birthparents to be a part of God's plan for Brady's life. We were humbled to be entrusted with the treasured gift of a healthy, beautiful boy.



I knew he had been chosen before time to be a part of our family. I often tell people that among the most precious parts of our adoption experience was getting to meet Brady's birthparents and spend time with them in the hospital. Once again, the extraordinary happened. I fell in love. But, I didn't just fall in love with our son. I fell in love with the couple that chose life for their child. I fell in love with the couple that weeped over the heartache of their sacrificial decision. I fell in love with the couple that we will forever be connected with and who will always be connected to their child.



Six months have passed since we held Brady for the first time and I praise God that He is not in the business of the ordinary!

Happy 6 Month Birthday, Sweetheart!

No comments: