Monday, September 15, 2008

Organic Baby!

After baking and pureeing!
Frozen and ready!
Happy, healthy, organic baby!

I really wanted to make my own organic baby food with the twins and then I realized how really insane I'd be if I added that to my list of things to do while taking care of twins. Opening a jar was a welcomed event in our home. Now that Caleb and Mason are in preschool and I have all this free time (?) on my hands, I decided I wanted Brady to have the benefits of a healthy, organic diet.


I can't tell you the sense of joy it brings to watch him take in nutrients that are not diluted with the canning/manufacturing process. I am enjoying making his food...it's relaxing as well as rewarding. I might also add that it is MUCH cheaper, even buying organic! So far Brady's enjoyed sweet potatoes, avocados, bananas, and my newest creation...pears! I've got a month's supply of frozen yummies in the freezer and Brady is loving the solid food life!


He is now 18 pounds 2 oz and almost 27 1/2 inches long...yes, he's a great eater!

1 comment:

Dave and Jenni said...

I made Zoey's baby food, too. Isn't it so satisfying to know that you're feeding your baby truly good food? I think it helps them make the transition to finger foods better, too, because you can control how smooth/chunky you make the food. Way to go, Kel.