Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mommy and Me time





As a mother of twins, I've never had just one child at a time to focus my attention and energy on. Now that preschool for the twins has begun on M/W/F, I can't begin to explain the excitement I feel when thinking about the year ahead with Brady. He gets all of me...and I get all of him. I'm excited for our time alone together to allow him to have my full attention and to bond and celebrate his milestones. Oh, the joy this brings to my heart!


I must admit that I am also looking forward to the simplicity of just one at a time. Shopping for clothes or groceries may actually become a little easier! I'm looking forward to going on walks and making my own baby food. I'm looking forward to cleaning the house while he's napping and knowing it will stay clean for the few hours before the big boys get back home. I'm looking forward to snuggling and kissing, cheering and teaching this precious son of mine.


Here are a few photos of our first day together (look at his new haircut!). We went to Target, bought his adoption outfit for court, and purchased gifts from Bath and Body Works for Mason's and Caleb's teachers. We came home and played, made a mess of mealtime, and Brady actually fell asleep in his high chair after such a full day while the boys were away. Enjoy!

No comments: